SBI has come up with a recruitment drive for the post of SBI Clerk with around 8,653 vacancies. With the notification just out, here is your chance to stick to a well-organized time table so that you can crack SBI Clerk in the first attempt itself.
All you need is devotion and hard work on your part and we are always there to help you.
Here are some strategies which will help you in SBI Clerk exam preparation.
- Acquaint yourself with the syllabus: Before starting to prepare for any exam, it is essential that you know what it is that you need to cover. If required, note down the syllabus. The entire syllabus needs to be covered in a specific time frame.
- Make a time table: After you have formed an idea of the syllabus, you should get on with your preparation. For that, you need a proper time table. Making a realistic time table, which covers all the topics and following it on a daily basis is the key to success.
- Prepare a list of relevant books: Choose such authentic books, which can help you to get your basics right. After you have strengthened your concepts, pick up a few books which contain good-quality examples and go through them.
- Making study notes is a must: When you are going through a topic, make a note of the most important points of that topic. These notes will come in handy during the course of your revision.
- Sectional tests and test series are the way to go: Even when you are preparing for the subjects, you should simultaneously give sectional tests and speed tests to keep an account of your preparation. When you have finished with the syllabus of all the subjects, you need to move on to solving mock tests. Make it a habit to analyze the mock tests on a daily basis so that you know what your mistakes are and don’t repeat them.
- Maintaining good health: In order to score better in the exam, it is important that you take good care of your health. You will be able to retain things better only if you have good health and a relaxed mind. For that, you need to consume nutritious food and keep yourself hydrated at all times. You should at least sleep for seven hours every night. Only then will you be able to concentrate better the next day. Remember, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, so you too should indulge in frequent breaks while studying so that you don’t overburden yourself with the pressure of studies.
Section wise strategy
Compared to all other sections, it is scoring and less time-consuming if you have good command over this subject. To score better in this section, the candidate needs to have a firm grip over vocabulary and rules of Grammar.
The section of Reasoning is easy and if one is in regular practice, he/she can easily get a good score in this section. Questions on blood relations, direction sense, and alphanumeric series are considered the easiest of all and should be attempted first.
It is considered the most time-consuming and difficult of all sections but if practiced regularly, this section can be advantageous for the candidates. The miscellaneous questions and the questions based on simplification and approximation need to be solved first as these tend to be easy and can be solved quickly. A candidate needs to be fast with his/her calculations if he/she desires to score better in this section.
As against popular discussions, which say that with so many applicants, getting a seat is almost next to impossible, but, if you have a consistent study plan which you follow regularly, you will see that SBI Clerk is definitely not a tough nut to crack!